Student of Month for January 2015
Christina Shorey ( S’14)
Christina has been nominated by the staff for her hardworking and conscientious manner here at D’Arcy Lane. They have described her as a very courteous person who is well liked by her peers. She always conducts herself in a professional manner both in and out of the classroom. All of these qualities will make her an excellent Massage therapist in the future!
The end of the year is here and is often a very busy time for Massage Therapists. During the busy season it becomes increasingly important to ensure you remained balanced between your work schedule and your personal life. Increasing demands at work can easily lead to neglecting oneself. Ensuring a balanced schedule will help you to avoid becoming both physically and mentally overworked.
Some simple tips to help you balance your schedule include:
* Ensuring to schedule time off to recover and relax.
* Do not feel guilty for taking the time off. You need to be rested and restored in order to better serve your clientele.
* Learning to say no, having a […]
1. Passion to help people: As a Massage Therapist you will be able to positively impact the health and well-being of people every day. Massage Therapy has numerous benefits including reducing pain and swelling, aiding in recovery from injury, reducing stress, and helping to improve flexibility and joint mobility.
2. Flexibility: Many Massage Therapists are self-employed; allowing them the freedom to set their own schedules. Therapists are able to find employment in a large variety of settings […]
It was a spooktacular Wednesday, October the 29th at D’Arcy Lane as staff and students participated in some Halloween fun! Events included a costume contest, pumpkin carving, apple bobbing and pass the ring. Here are a few highlights of the day …
Pass the ring …
Some of our students’ amazing costumes.
One of the many wonderful […]
Since the Ontario Board of Regents began regulating massage therapy in 1919, our profession has grown considerably. As we continue to define our place within the healthcare system, the need for credible massage therapy research also grows. Research is a powerful tool that can drive our profession forward through further exploration of the effects of massage therapy, ensuring both its safety and effectiveness and by helping to open a dialogue with other healthcare professionals. Research is supported by our regulatory College through the Massage Therapy Research Fund which seeks to “fund high quality research in the field of massage therapy to support evidence-based practice of massage therapy.” (www.cmto.com) With the need for more […]
Have you ever wondered what it would take to become a Registered Massage Therapist or an Equine Massage Therapist?
Do you have a passion for helping others and a desire to make a difference?
D’Arcy Lane Institute is attending the 2014 Western Fair. Our information booth is located in the Canada Building and we will be here for the full 10 days.
We will have current second year students in attendance on Saturday and Sunday ready to give you a massage!